- Helped regional CDFI expand operations into LA with $10 million in loan capital and grant support
- Designed new fund development assessment protocol to determine impact and reliability for CDFIs
- Designed and launched a Veterans Entrepreneur Fund, in Chicago with $6 million in support from UBS.
- Raised $800,000 to launch small business incubator in Watts, California in partnership with Macedonia CDC and Congresswoman Maxine Waters
- Conceived, designed, and launched the National African American Small Business Loan Program with $8 million support from JP Morgan Chase; built a team that originated and funded $5 million in loans in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Opened 10,000 sq. ft. $6 million small business accelerator in Pacoima, CA, The Entrepreneur Center, to support tech oriented startups by local diverse entrepreneurs. Raised $4 million in US Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration grant funds for construction and improvements.
- Initiated investments in African American led CDFI banks, Broadway Federal in Los Angeles, and City National Bank in New Jersey to support their recapitalizations and small business lending partnerships.
- Initiated and executed a local partnership and launched the Greater Miami Business Opportunity Fund with $5 million in support from UBS; lent almost $1 million to diverse small businesses.
- Created a $20 million nonrecourse Tri State Business Opportunity Fund with UBS in New York with a 3 year $5.5 million grant to support loan loss reserve and operating support. Planned, opened a free standing office and hired 5 professionals to lead and operate a fund that made direct as well as SBA Community Advantage loans totaling almost $10 million to small businesses in 3 years.
- Prepared and secured approval of VEDC as Community Advantage lender in California, Nevada, Chicago and New York TriState area. Built an operation and led staff to make almost 300 loans in 4 years; VEDC was the number 2 lender nationally in 2016. Secured $2 million LOC with Bank of America and assisted BofA in developing CAP expansion program for another 8 CAP lenders.
- Acquired the Nevada Microenterprise Initiative, NMI, the only urban small business lender in Nevada, and reorganized them into the Las Vegas based Nevada Business Opportunity Fund, with the support of Charles Schwab and Wells Fargo Bank
- At the request of UBS Elevating Entrepreneurs Program, planned and launched the Chicagoland Business Opportunity Fund with a $5 million commitment to local small business. Secured $10 million for Los Angeles. Lent almost $15 million in both cities over 4 years, with less than 2% in net charge offs.
- Secured a $5 million grant from JP Morgan Chase to expand VEDC statewide and lend $50 million to small businesses. Committed $3.5 million to loan loss reserves to leverage $35 million in capital. Originated $53 million in small business loans in 3 years.
- Became the 2nd lender for Goldman Sachs 10k Small Businesses in the US. Originated and funded $18.5 million in small business loans in Los Angeles and Chicago with 1.6% net charge offs.
- Co-founded “Friends of SBA Microlending” with Rapoza and Associates to save the national program.
- Prepared application and secured approval of new SBA 504 program in Los Angeles. Led affiliate organization until 2015 originating over $35 million in CRE loans.
- Partnered with Wells Fargo Bank and Wachovia, with $2 million in grant support to expand successful Where’s the Money Access to Capital events statewide. Between 2002 and 2015, over 10,000 entrepreneurs and small businesses came to events in Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
- Secured a charter for a federal insured credit union. Raised $2 million in deposits and $500,000 in capital, as well as $3 million to build first class headquarters.
- Ended a 15 year Small Business Development Center program that ended with 11,000 clients be served annually across 3 LA Metro counties. Advocated on a regular basis with Congress and SBA for greater funding support.
- Implemented successful Earmark strategy in Congress that raised over $2 million in funding over 8 years.
- Led and secured financing for $3.1 million purchase of 25,000 headquarters building in Sherman Oaks, California. Conceived and implemented follow on $500,000 capital campaign for improvements. Building was recently appraised for $8.1 million.