Over $100,000,000 Raised Supporting Small Business since 1989
Over the last 28 years, Aquaria’s Principal, Roberto Barragan, has worked with hundreds of nonprofits and thousands of small and micro businesses to mobilize capital of over $300 million to startups and growing businesses.
Banks of all sizes and origins are required to make loans in their communities, i.e. assessment areas as fulfillment of their Lending Test. Small Business lending not only meets that test but provides banks larger and more profitable loans. Aquaria can design and develop implementation plans, including identifying appropriate partners, to deploy capital to small businesses in cost effective strategies.
Cities also need to secure capital for their communities’ small businesses to create jobs, support resident goods and services and generate tax revenues.
Aquaria provides the following services to support bank and government efforts to meet their Community Reinvestment obligations:
- CRA Plan review and analysis
- Small business program review and assessment, including community development loans
- Development of small business and micro loan strategies and partner identification
- Development of CDFI small and micro lending programs, including credit and underwriting policies
Aquaria has the capacity and experience to assist with fund development and fundraising, accessing capital and building small and micro lending programs.
Aquaria provides the following services to support CDFIs, other nonprofit organizations and member associations serving CDFI type organizations
- Fund development assessments that determine fund raising readiness, provide blueprints for new fund development strategies seeking loan capital as well as loan loss reserve and operational grants, and can lay the groundwork for new fund raising programs
- Proposal and application preparation for Small Business Administration Micro Loan and Community Advantage programs, OCS\Community Economic Development grant programs
- Develop and assist organization staff to implement in house small and micro lending programs, including credit and underwriting policies and staff training
- Provide outsourcing support from loan origination to loan collection and special assets, including acting as back office underwriting, closing and servicing
Aquaria’s principal and team have provided capital to thousands of small businesses over the last 30 years. Loans from $50,000 to $3,000,000 have been secured to start, grow and expand businesses across the country. Aquaria maintains a network of both traditional and alternative lenders in order to provide the maximum number of options to access capital. Aquaria can quickly assess the viability of any loan request.
- Aquaria will assess loan possibility for any business type
- If viable, Aquaria will package the loan and can prepare projections if needed
- Aquaria will identify lender possibilities and make recommendations
- Aquaria will act as intermediary to lender and assist borrower to address application needs
- Aquaria will assist borrower through the loan approval and closing process